American Home Relocation - DON'T USE THIS COMPANY

1.1
Turnaround Time

The price they quoted me in the beginning was almost doubled. I only went 2 feet over in the truck and they charged me over $1,500 more.

They hold your stuff hostage until you pay. Movers got to me at 9:30 pm and finally finished after 1:30 am. If you want to use a credit card forget it. After they load the truck you're informed they have to mail you forms to fill out with your credit card info, you fill it out, get it notorized then you have to mail the forms back.

Thats over a week for all that. Next time i move I'll pay $200 for someone to load a truck and I'll drive myself.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Relocation Long Distance Moving Service.

American Home Relocation in Carol Stream, Illinois - Worst experience ever!

Turnaround Time

Never, ever use this company. It starts out fine and seems professional.

Once they have your commitment, it all goes bad. There is no communication. I was told for three days that they were coming to pick it. Waited hours each day.

When they did arrive, the drivers did not speak English and were very rude. Everything was loaded when they informed me that price went up $400.00. Then I waited and waited for delivery. Tried calling.

Either no answer or they hung up on me.

This company is just plain terrible and I would advise anyone NOT TO USE THEM! They have absolutely nocustomer service and do not care..

when the delivery arrived I wound up with two boxes that are not mine. Drivers acted like they were giving me a gift.

The whole experience was a NIGHTMARE!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Relocation Moving Service.

American Home Relocation - The worst Expereince

Turnaround Time

They are scam, they are not even moving company , just a broker who referrede you to actual movers. I was quoted an estimate and once I signed on, they referred me to the worst moving service (spirit movers), then I was gouged 3 times the estimate, was delivered 3weeks later and most of my goods are damaged.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Fradulant.

American Home Relocation in Carol Stream, Illinois - A BUNCH OF CROOKS !

they are in cahoots with a broker named US Atlas Movers. US gives you a quote for less than your inventory, then uses this company to pick up you things.

I went from 39 items to 111 items without anyone contacting me about the change in quantity. they then triples the amount owed to them, even after I asked why they did not notify me off difference. the BINDING MOVING ESTIMATE clearly states that per federal regulations, the mover has to provide a revised estimate and the customer must agree in writing. they picked up my stuff on 11/6/18, and I still have no idea what they picked up since they never sent me a copy of the bill of lading, even though I asked for it on more than one occasion.

As far as I know, my stuff is being held for ransom in Chicago!!!! and the best oart is, I paid them $508.00 to steal my stuff. US Atlas has since shut down their web site, and I'm sure they will be running soon too!!

we need to contact dept of transportation, and attorney general in states involved. DO NOT USE THESE CROOKS !!!!!!!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: DELIVER MY BELONGINGS UNDAMAGED AT THE PRICE QUOTED.

Comments

The same thing happened to me. Did you get your stuff?

American Home Relocation - Theft and bait and hook

Turnaround Time

This WITH company is crooked and cannot be trusted.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS AMERICAN HOME RELOCATION!!!!

First we have a contract, we paid the deposit, then the loading crew shows up, loads us and and I pay the 50% of the remaining balance, per the contract. Then the loader says we him $200 for packing (furniture blankets and tape) I said no and he said well pay us half that in cash and we will call it good.

I said no. Then he makes a call and said I now him an additional $460 dollars for too much stuff being loaded, this is after he has loaded us and is essentially holding our possessions hostage. I said our contract says we can have more volume. He said it is because of weight, I replied you haven't weighed it.

He made another call and said he would weigh it and send me the ticket. I followed him to the weigh station, it was 1,500 pounds and we had up to 2300 in the contract. He said we owed him $308 dollars additional due at delivery because of the weight. We called the company, no response, I filed a complaint with the BBB and the company has still not contacted me.

Recently the company advised, when we called them to find out where our belongings are, that delivery has been placed on hold because we haven't paid for the move.

I have bank statements that show the deposit and the 50% payment have been paid and cleared the bank. This company is a total sham and we don't know how to get our possessions or how to get help.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Stole our belongings.

American Home Relocation - Warning Warning

Turnaround Time

Do not was American Home Relocation Movers. They are located in Atlanta on Peachtree Industrial Blvd.

They picked up my furniture and personal belongings on 9/28/2018 to move from Michigan to Indiana 232 mikes). It has been one week and they have NOT delivered my belongings yet!! I keep getting the run around!!

They also have a office in Carol Stream, Illinois. DO NOT be fooled by how they start!!

Reason of review: Order processing issue.